Friday, June 16, 2023

 I learned something today. 


Ten minutes ago my heart rate was at 122 BPM  not because I’d run around the block, no, my spike in blood pressure and heart rate was brought on by those I would regard as in accordance with my views on the world we find ourselves living in today. 

Save for approximately 3 people, I feel I stand alone in my despair………………….


……………. A strange thing just happened, it occurred to me that it’s not incumbent upon anyone else to share what I write. My hubris regarding the worth and insight displayed in my Op-Ed’s had caused me to lose track of what I’m trying to get across. 

I have been writing opinion pieces here for 18 years and it took me, with the assistance of a little meltdown, to realize a lesson I perhaps should have learned long ago. 

My opinions are exactly that, my opinions. They have no intrinsic value. No opinion requires agreement, no one’s opinion is worthy of distribution merely by its existence, and most importantly the act of having an opinion and the ability to write it does not entitle the holder to any degree of authority on the subject. 

For that hubris I apologize. 


A change is required, I’ll be better. 


Nuff said. 




No comments:

Post a Comment