Friday, June 16, 2023

 Welcometoafricahopeyouenjoyyourstay.



So my fellow travelers around our overheating sun, within our overheated atmosphere that is being highjacked by agenda driven, less than mentally capable cult orientated useful idiots. 

By that I mean anyone who still thinks the last US election was totally not rigged. I used to pity you now I feel only disdain. 


Ok, with greetings out of the way I need to get a little something off my sculptured chest. 

I find myself living in what could easily be described as the worst managed city, if not in the world, I'll settle for South Africa. I honestly think it's time to stop paying rates, at least until we can find out who is stealing our money (usually the case in this The Rainbow Nation), remember when that was a thing? It's tragically hilarious how I and I’m sure the majority of y’all once believed that simply by saying all men are created equal that that would make it true. If the rates are not being stolen it would be awesome if one of the genius’s running the city would tell us what it’s being spent on besides corporate cars. 

That’s rhetorical, because it’s obvious that the aforementioned genius’s (I use the term genius because, most of us Apple users will have been into an iStore, the borderline retards employed on those premises are titled Genius, I shit you not) anyway where was I, oh right our council will not, even under torture, be able to explain a cities budget to anyone. 


To the reason for my writing, besides the fact that I’m ever so slightly annoyed, hard to tell I know. And the fact that I have time on my hands thanx to a lack of employment, most likely due to my cynicism and all round caustic demeanor, it occurred to me that I live in a city with a name that I’d estimate less than 1% of its own population can spell. I’m quite serious. 

The city in question formerly known as Port Elizabeth to the settlers (and almost everyone else), Die Baai to the Afrikaans speaking locals and Ibahyi to the Xhosa people, was renamed 


GQEBERHA  (I could tell you how to pronounce it but based on the spelling you wouldn’t believe me)


why? andiyaz, wie weet, no idea. 

That’s not entirely true, the blurb on PE’s (old habit) website is that it is the Xhosa/Khoisan name for a valley/stream flowing into the harbor. This is unlikely to be true due to the fact that PE was first populated by Khoisan then settled by the English who made it attractive to the Xhosa people as the port presented many opportunities for work. What I’m getting at is that it’s unlikely the Xhosa really met many Khoisan people, let alone for long enough for them to develop a common language. 

So it’s most likely a lie, also rhetorical, it was after all said by the ANC. Ok perhaps the DA also said it but eish, they may well be bigger liars. 

Please try to imagine the cost involved in changing the name of an international city. (I can’t and I have a rather “broad” imagination)


Ok so even that is not what angered me, this is. 

For the last few months hardly a day goes by without our water, electricity or internet (sometimes all at once) being cut off, the later perhaps not being the cities fault that would be the astrophysicists at Axxess and Frogfoot who have single-handedly found a way to slow light down to a stop. 

Perhaps this was a somewhat round about and long winded way of saying…………..

Please refrain from switching our water off for 3 or 4 days at a time, I’m begging you, please!

And for the love of all that is righteous please let the electricity flow, ask your brethren at Eskom to stop stealing if that will help, please!


I’m a generally peace loving (also a lie) individual who just wants to go about my business without the interruption of extremely high minded individuals who have figured out that everything ever done by the past governments was wrong and that they have a better system for doing almost everything. 

You don’t, you aught to take a look at the rest of Africa and pay close attention to the fact that not a single sub-Saharan African country works, at all. (The ones above the Sahara don’t actually work either but whatever) Accept your shortcomings and attempt to emulate a system that works, id est, any north western country of European origin. 

Again I beg you!


Louis, 

The Guy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment